GPS panel is not available - Menu item "Connect" is disabled on the "GPS" menu.
- Do you have an OS X compatible serial port on your Mac? GPSNavX™ requires a serial port to connect a GPS.
- Does your Mac have the proper serial port OS X drivers installed? GPSNavX™ requires that the serial port have an OS X driver installed.
- Did you connect the GPS after you launched GPSNavX™? Restart GPSNavX™.
GPS panel is Open, but there
is no GPS position and/or waypoint data shown.
- Is the GPS on? The power must to the GPS must be on.
- Is the GPS connected via a cable to your Mac? The GPS must be connected to your Mac.
- Is the GPS transmitting NMEA? Check the GPS manual on how to configure it such that it will send out NMEA data.
- Is the GPS transmitting NMEA at the same rate GPSNavX™ is configured for in the GPS "Settings" drawer? The rate the GPS is transmitting NMEA and the GPSNavX™ rate must be the same.
- Is there any output displayed in the GPS Monitor drawer? Select the "Monitor" button and select "Start". If data is being sent from the GPS to GPSNavX™ then it will be displayed in the Monitor drawer.
Goto button on Waypoints window is disabled.
- The GPS panel must be open a with current position received and a chart must be opened. If the GPS is navigating to a waypoint then this waypoint will be the active waypoint unless the "Goto" checkbox is not selected in the GPS panel waypoint drawer.
Chart always scrolls back
to where the current GPS position is in the center of the screen.
- Make sure menu item "Position Centered" in the "View" menu is not selected.
- Make sure menu item "Auto Open" in the "File" menu is not selected.
Double clicking on a chart
does not create a waypoint and a beep is heard.
- Are you actually clicking on a geographic part of the chart? Waypoints can only be created within the geographic bounds of the chart.
- Are you already editing a waypoint in the Waypoint window or a route in the Route window? If a waypoint name or position is being edited then a new waypoint cannot be created until the editing is complete.
All I see is the World chart
when the Chart List dialog is opened.
- This is the because you need to select the folder where the charts are located. Use the Preference window to select the folder. Once that is done the charts will show up in the folder list on the Chart List dialog. If you recently copied charts to the folder, GPSNavX™ should be restarted.
All my charts are grayed
out or disabled when I press the "Select" button on the Preferences
- This is the because you only need to select the folder where the charts are located. Once that is done the charts will show up in the folder list on the Chart List dialog which is accessed with the "Open..." menu item on the "File" menu.
No satellite information
is displayed in the satellite drawer, while other GPS information such as position
- Satellite information requires the GPS be transmitting version 2.0 or later of NMEA information. Typically this is selected in the GPS setup.
My Mac crashes when I try
to transfer waypoints, routes or track from the GPS.
- Most likley you are using a USB to Serial adapter that is not produced by Keyspan.
I am unable to transfer waypoints,
routes or tracks to/from my Garmin GPS.
- Make sure the "Type" of GPS is set to Garmin in the GPS panel settings.
- Make sure the Garmin GPS is in "Garmin" or "Data Transfer Mode".
- Make sure the Garmin GPS does not have an active waypoint or route.