- GPS & Instruments – Realtime and Simulated display of current LAT/LON (position), SOG (Speed over Ground), COG (Course over Ground), BTW (Bearing to Waypoint), DTW (Distance to Waypoint), VMG (Velocity Made Good), XTE (Cross Track Error), TTG (Time to Go) for waypoint and entire route, a satellite graph and a NMEA monitor. GPS data can be repeated to another device such as control of an Autopilot. Additional instrument data (Heading, Speed, Depth,Temperature, Wind Angle and Windspeed) is also displayed. Having all this information literally at your fingertips, assures that you remain informed of your position and course.
- Charting – Current position with velocity vector, waypoints, routes and track history are plotted. Chart scrolls keeping current position centered. Auto Open feature makes sure the most detailed chart is displayed for the current position. Charts may be displayed with day, dusk and night viewing intensity. Charts can be “marked up” in any color. No more marking, erasing and remarking paper charts. Know where you are, where you’ve been, and where you’re going!
- Zooming & Scrolling – Show charts at 500%,200%, 100%, 75%, 50%, 33%, 25% and 12% with excellent clarity. Rubber band selection to display any part of a chart. Smooth and fast scrolling using chart drag tool. Overview window provided allows quick selection of chart region to view. Quick and efficient zooming and scrolling gives you a major advantage in plotting your course, or in determining your current position.
- Waypoints – Create, edit, drag and goto. Waypoints include a name, icon, and description. Waypoints can be saved,exported/imported and transferred to/from the GPS. Waypoint positions can be displayed in several user selectable formats. Flexible Waypoint usage makes it extremely easy to set a course for intermediate destinations, or to return to previous ones. Found a great fishing hole or anchorage? No problem… save it to a Waypoint for future reference.
- Routes – Create, edit, drag and goto including auto advance. Routes include a name and total distance. For each waypoint in the route the bearing and distance from the previous
waypoint is given. Routes can be saved and transferred to/from the GPS. Flexible routing features make it very easy to plan a trip or to repeat a previous trip.
- Track – Log and plot historical position automatically at user selectable intervals including course, speed and instrument data. Track can be exported/imported and transferred from the GPS. See how efficiently you sailed your course. Use this information to implement changes in future routing.
- Measure – Position, distance and bearing (true or magnetic) anywhere on the chart including great circle routing. This quick, easy, and accurate method of measurement makes paper chart measurement an antiquated methodology.
- Built-In Alarms – Available for Anchor drag, Waypoint arrival, Cross Track error and AIS/Radar vessel proximity. Both visual and audible cues are provided. User selectable range. Have you ever tried to sleep on the hook during foul weather, while wondering if your anchor was truly fast? Don’t depend on luck and guesswork. The integrated alarms add an additional level of comfort in knowing what’s really going on.
- AIS/Radar – Automatic Identification System receiver displays local vessel traffic including name, call sign, length, speed, course, distance, destination and closest point of
approach. RADAR shows tracked targets. Both AIS and RADAR are plotted on the chart. Quickly see and track near by traffic.
- Weather and Forecast Integration – Using readily available and free GRIB weather forecast files, wind speed, wind direction, wave height, wave direction, current, pressure, precipitation rate, air and sea temperature are plotted on the chart. Choose the date and time of the forecast you wish to see. Knowing the forecast helps make key routing decisions.
- Tides – Click on the chart to bring up Mr. Tides to the nearest station. Having local tide data at hand can come in handy when deciding to enter a port.
- Help – Application help is provided through a ‘Help Viewer’ that provides quick answers to most questions regarding configuration and use. Easy access to assistance will ensure that you quickly become a master of even the most complex program functions.
- AppleScript Compliant – Compliant allows full scripting capability. While GPSNavX™ is an extremely simply and flexible application, users who like to experiment with additional features can easily create scripts to further enhance usage.
- Google Earth – Plot waypoints, routes, tracks and weather in Google Earth. Friends and family can easily see your plans and progress with Google Earth on a Mac or PC.